We may finally get to hold the much anticipated Apple iPhone 5 this month. If rumors are to be believed the company may launch the device this month at Apple’s Worldwide Developer Event (WWDC 2012). Version 5 will have broader display against the wishes of late Steve Jobs.
Apple has cut down the number of iPhone orders by 20%-25% for the next quarter ahead of the version 5 launch.
- iPhone 5 to have a quad-core processor probably called the Apple A6
- The new launch 5 will measure “at least” 4 inches on the diagonal.
- iPhone 5 will boast a four-inch Retina display screen capable of 1136 x 640 resolution.R
- Rumours are rife that Apple might include Near Field Communication (NFC) technology in the iPhone 5.
- A large portion of the back is made out of metal and the new launch will be thinner but stronger than the iPhone 4S.
- Apple is working with three screen makers, LG Display in South Korea and Sharp and Japan Display in Japan.
- The screen size will support the tablet PC market as Apple only has a 9.7-inch iPad in the market.
The iPhone 4S was released in the UK and US in October 2011 and Apple wants to surprise everyone with the new “improved” version.
It has to work hard at innovation if it wants to compete with products such as the HTC One X and the Samsung Galaxy S3.